February 13, 2017
Potato Pan Cake(Aaloo ko roti) in Nepali and Riki Kur in Sherpa Language
Potato flat bread is a very popular Sherpa dish, and often served to honored guests. It is made up of potatoes, eggs and flour and normally eaten with green onion sauce. In Nepal, this dish is prepared by grating potato and using millet flour instead of wheat flour. I have made small changes to make things quick and easy. I blend potato using an electric blender and add wheat flour.
6 large potatoes diced
1 cup of all purpose flour
2 tablespoon vegetable oil to fry
1. Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes:
2. Blend potatoes and 3 eggs in the blender until liquefied.
3. Add flour.
5. Beat the batter until well mixed.
6. Heat a non-stick pan and add 1/2 teaspoon oil and add enough batter to make a flat bread.
5. Cook for 1.5 minutes or little longer and flip to the other side and cook for another 1.5 minutes at medium heat.
6. Enjoy with butter and sauce.
Information Gathered from Sherpanichief/ Sherpa sisters website. Picture Credit as well.